Sunday, February 6, 2011

Eye Ball Update and Other Goals

So when I left you last week you were left wondering if I would ever get those thrice damned contacts into my eyes. Well I did! And I was ever so proud of myself. So proud of myself in fact, that the same day i got them in successfully I ran to the nex and got myself some off the shelf sunglasses! This is the first time I've been able to buy sunglasses off the shelf since I was 11! Its the first time I've worn sunglasses period in at least 5 or more years. They are huge and brandon makes fun of me, but i figure if i can use pretzels as mandibles while i'm bored at work then having sunglasses that make me look like a bug are the least of my worries and I think they are cute.
Also I kidnapped the Bull Ensign hat before our office party (my job has the awesomest parties). I want one. It makes me feel like a viking! Or a bobble head. Not sure which. That thing is heavy. 

Back to the eye balls though. So not only are these the first sunglasses in a long time, its also the first time I have seen my face without glasses. Why didn't anyone tell me I have beady eyes!? I haven't seen my eyes not magnified by glasses since I was 11! I see a lot more makeup in my futures. Also apparently I'm going to need reading glasses when I wear contacts. Which, correct me if I am wrong, completely defeats the purpose of wearing contacts. WTH? 

Regarding goal #12 I am totally in my 2nd week of my first batch of quartz-y rocks that i mentioned in the Cuba:Cliff Notes blog!
This is them straight out of the coarse grit round. They are starting to get shiny and they kind of glow.

Goal #39 is now in progress. I'm reading Joseph Campbell's Masks of God Vol 1: Primitive Mythology. So far its very... Freudian. I haven't gotten very far yet. This is pretty heavy stuff and so far it has dealt more with psychology and biology than it has with mythology. Judging by the table of contents though I will get to the mythology eventually. I am not however a big fan of Freud. I know he was pretty cutting edge stuff in his day but I have strong feelings that all of my motivations stem from penis envy. And I have to admit that I rolled my eyes when the book discussed the universal fear of toothed vaginas.  Seriously? 

Goals #51, 54 and 58 are in progress thanks to my starting a personal training program this past monday and i have worked out 5 times in the last week (talk about killing two birds with one stone!). I'm not sure how fast I'll get results because I refuse to give up food. She told me I could eat as many fruits and veggies as I want so there has been a lot of tomatoes, strawberries, and grapes (and lots of truvia which is amazing). But I'm not punishing myself. Food is the only thing they have on this island and I will not deny myself one of the only joys left to me. Come between me and cake... see what happens. Exercise is the price we pay for delicious.

Goal #54 is in progress. We installed peg boards and cork boards and completely rearranged my craft room yesterday. I'm very nearly organized which is very exciting. I'll post pics once its nice and tidy.

Well that's all for now. I'm going to get back to organizing my rock collection by mohs scale. I totally just gained a rank in nerdy.

Here have a pretty cactus!

1 comment: